What is the Community Ambassador Program?
The Community Ambassador Program supports in-person, local Pokemon GO communities around the globe by empowering their experiences. By running in-person events in their area, growing their communities, and creating and connecting safe spaces for players to play, these individuals can apply to be one of Niantic’s Community Ambassadors.:
If accepted, Community Ambassadors will receive special perks for their communities, like item codes and swag for give-aways, access to Niantic reps for special feedback sessions, and other opportunities to support your local community’s growth.:
What does a Community Ambassador do?
They are individuals who are running events in their local communities of their own accord and Niantic is providing them appreciation and aid in running events. Niantic recognizes the amount of passion and hard work it takes to bring local communities together, and this program is built to help leaders do that.:
What does Niantic look for in a Community Ambassador?
- Diversity: Pokemon GO players represent people of many countries, genders, and ethnicities and we want to ensure that our Community Ambassadors do too.
- Professionalism and role model potential: Being a Community Ambassador means that you’ve been recognized by Niantic, and we want to ensure that our Community Ambassadors always treat others with respect, honesty, and kindness.
- Positivity: We know that communities grow in the image of their leadership, and the best communities are ones that are built on creating and highlighting the positive instead of focusing on the negative. Opportunities for critical feedback should be treated with respect, never with cruelty or anger.
- Safety: Community Ambassadors should do their best to ensure both their communities and the spaces they play in are safe. All communities are required to have digital presences that are family-friendly, publicly open to members over 13 years of age, and include common sense rules that encourage safety and safe spaces. When gathering to play, Community Leaders should ensure that the areas they choose are safe for trainers and never play unsafely.
- Integrity: Communities should be free of discussions, bots, websites, or other tools that encourage the use of cheating and spoofing. Community Ambassadors should always try their best to ensure that their communities remain cheat-free.
What does a Community Ambassador do? Are they an employee or a volunteer?
A Community Ambassador is not a Niantic nor Silph Road employee, contractor, representative, or volunteer.
A Community Ambassador is someone who voluntarily runs events in their local community with the gratitude and assistance of Niantic. Niantic recognizes how much passion and hard work it takes to bring people together, and this program is built to help leaders do just that.
We do not restrict what a Community Ambassador says or does; they have the freedom to give positive or negative feedback publicly. However, we do require that interactions are professional—all feedback should be respectful, constructive, and should never attack the people who work on the game.
Why Join the Community Ambassador Program?
By joining the Community Ambassador Program, you’ll gain benefits for your community and leadership:
Add your community meetups to the Local Events and Meetups Map.
Program members will be invited to special Discord server.
Gain opportunities to provide insight and feedback about Silph Road tools, in-game events, and more directly to Silph Road staff.
Prizes and Swag
Earn special goodies to give away to your community members as prizes during meetups.
How Can I Join?
Membership in the Community Leaders Program requires the following:
- Be an admin of a Silph League Community.
- Have an active community that has reached Rank 4 on your Community Page.
- Pass a community vetting process to make sure your community abides by Niantic's Terms of Service, and the Silph League Code of Conduct.
- Apply! »
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, see the Community Ambassador FAQs maintained by Niantic here:
Program FAQs »
Program Rules and Requirements
- A Community Ambassador is not a Niantic or Silph Road employee, contractor, representative, or volunteer. A Community Ambassador is someone who voluntarily runs events in their local community with the gratitude and assistance of Niantic and The Silph Road.
- Members should not claim they or their communities are partnered with, or sponsored by, The Silph Road and/or Niantic.
- Participating communities must be for local play - remote or global communities are not eligible.
- Communities must be public and accessible for anyone to join. Your community cannot be locked behind any form of paid gate, such as a Patreon or Steady membership
- All applicants must be eligible and approved by Niantic and The Silph Road.
- Community leadership must be over the age of 18. Community leadership should have rules and regulations in place to ensure all members must be over the age of 13.
- Community Ambassadors can only represent one (1) community in the Community Ambassador Program.
- Approved communities can have a maximum of two (2) representatives in the program at a time.
- Communities and Community Ambassadors must abide by the Silph League Code of Conduct and the Niantic TOS
- Communities and Community Ambassadors must follow the Silph Road Brand Usage Guide when using any Silph Road, League, or Arena assets.
- Communities must consistently host meetups and events to maintain at least Rank 4.
- Communities must have a presence on Campfire and use it to organize their events in order to receive in-game rewards.
- Communities must be family-friendly.
Communities cannot publicly advocate for or share information about cheating.
- Your community should have rules and regulations to govern what happens if members of your community discuss cheating.
- Communities with high amounts of cheaters or public discussion of cheating will be removed from the program.
- Communities must be actively moderated and maintain a set of rules that encourage good behavior.
- Communities must maintain an active, positive space for members.
We will periodically check community hubs to ensure their content is meeting our requirements. Failure to meet requirements will result in immediate removal.
Violation of any of the above will result in community leaders, or communities, being removed from the program.